You must know these Pros and Cons of SharePoint
Are you looking for software that will improve productivity? Are you looking for a way to communicate and work at your firm?
You might want to take a closer look at the amazing benefits of the platform. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is something this will help to do.
Is it a good choice for your business. Will you make a good investment?
We will give you features and benefits to help you make a decision.
What is SharePoint?
Customer-oriented web-based platform, Microsoft SharePoint Online. It can be used with Microsoft Office to share and store files. It is a document and content management system.
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace. You can build tasks, track schedules and get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the create site option if you want to choose a page.
- The team site is selected.
- The design of your website matches your requirements.
- The correct details include name and description.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are used as a containing space for your members’ lists. It is possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner. Users have access to the documents when they click on the library.”
The best way to use the document library is:
- The documents can be chosen from the left- vertical pane.
- To add new items, please choose new. In the current library folder, you can drag and drop files.
- The app will open a Microsoft Office file.
- Modern web apps allow you to change a file with other people. You can check out a file and stop others from working on it simultaneously.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcomes. The execution of standard business processes are handled by them. A set of templates can be used to save time and effort. Gaining consistency and efficiency for tasks will be helped by this.
There are different roles
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature lets users enter and execute search queries. There is a scope of search on the recent website and any sub-sites. The search application processes the query and returns results that match the queries.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages can be found in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. When you add words to the search query box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, and capture vital data. The data can be stored in the library in order to enhance search and analysis.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
This template has many components that support project management.
- Project summary.
- It is a task timeline.
- The task list has things listed.
- “There’s a calendar”
- There is a document library.
- Task management features are built-in.
This method of handling tasks and projects is easy to use.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The best features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you by us. It’s perfect for small, medium and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”